Although we owe it to our children to utilize what works rather than continuing to utilize what doesn't, we don't.
What doesn't work:
1. Supervised visitation, a full employment field with little training and worse, zero accountability.
2. DA's not accepting criminal cases because they don't trust juries, and fear a loss.
3. Family and social service judges who neither refer cases to the DA, or utilize GPS with victim notification.
1. Sunshine is the best disinfectant. Media regularly reporting on family and social services courts.
2. Civilian review boards for police departments with regular citizens on the boards.
3. GPS with victim notification. (These are not "one size fits all" types of devices.)
4. Less therapists, more common sense.
5. Term limits.
Solutions. We've known for decades what isn't working. Isn't it time to utilize what does?